Search my blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Specific Workout Routine!

Attention Ladies! This is for you! Working out. It's a commitment. Sometimes daunting, almost always tiring, and hard to get into, but once you're in it, you'll be on the high rise to getting fit.

I've been to the new Lifetime Fitness gym here in Austin a few times. Two of those times, I've been approached by a couple different women ranging from ages (approx) 25-40 years old. They all have asked me the same thing: What do you do to stay fit?

My answer: Oh, I come here... & work out? I was a little confused, but after a few minutes of chatting, I realized they wanted a little more information than that. They wanted a routine of my workout each time I go to the gym. So, I've decided to share it with y'all. Here it is.

Sidenote: I'm no Kerri Walsh, Michael Phelps, or Shawn Johnson with olympic muscles and a rear-end made of titanium. However, I must always be in shape and the minute something starts slacking or my reps start getting harder and harder to complete, I'm back in the gym full-force. So here we go. 

Noemi's Lifetime Workout: How To Get A Nice ... Body

Warming up:

  • Stretches (touch your toes, criss-cross applesauce and knees to the ground, calf muscle stretch, one leg behind you & the other leg bent in front of you into half splits, the actual splits, hamstring stretch)
  • Side-stitch stretches (I like to use these to stretch before I get side-stitches. Definitely helps)
  • Jog in place 2 minutes
The Workout: (3 reps of this list)
  • 25 jumping jacks
  • 30 burpees
  • 25 High-knees to elbow skip in place (touch your knee to your elbow and hop on the foot once in-between switching legs)
  • 15 Booty Bounces (legs shoulder width apart and squat, step back and squat, return to legs width apart and squat= 1 time) *funny name, I know; but that's what I call it.
  • 1 minute plank while touching your knee to your elbow; alternating legs
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 sit-ups
  • 5 hand-stand push-ups IF you are feeling up to it. I've been working on this for the longest time and am just now getting the hang of it, so if you can't get into a handstand, I recommend practicing up against a wall first. :) 
Cool down: 
  • Lay on back, bend one leg and fold over straight leg for quad/butt stretch- repeat on both sides
  • Criss-cross applesauce and push knees to the floor as far as they can go
  • Fold over and touch your toes while sitting down
  • Go into the splits and touch you toes from side to side
  • Then, lay on your stomach for a minute or two. Trust me, this will feel great. haha.

These are difficult, but remember any of the elements can be altered to fit your needs and your skill level! Some of you may be able to do this with no burn at all, so challenge yourself and 'up' the times/reps you do it. Trust me, time after time, I'm sore. This works!

P.S. Make sure you have some really good music playing with this workout. Try some Cascada... If you're not in for the techno type music, get your body pumping with a good beat and a lot of water. You're going to need it!

Best wishes on your future workouts y'all. Don't overwork yourself, and also don't be lazy! Find the median!!

XOXO

P.S. Here's some picture inspiration for y'all.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that some of your workout routines are compound exercises. That’s good because it exercises multiple muscle groups at once, unlike if you do the bicep curl exercise alone. Compound exercises force your whole body to move, forcing all of your muscles to work out.

    >Nicolas Ervin

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been an ongoing debate about which is better: isolation exercises or compound exercises. For me, this is somewhat a pointless debate, as each exercise routine has its own benefits for the human body, serving a lot of purposes in various workout routines. A compound exercise works out more than one major muscle group at any given time. Typically, there is a larger muscle group that does most of the work, with a smaller muscle group picking up the slack. This allows you to lift more weights, which allows for faster and more consistent progression. Isolation exercises, on the other hand, only train one muscle group. This means that you’re going to lift less, which won’t allow for as much progression and consistency. Overall, if you’re looking for performance, you’d best go for compound exercises. If you’re going for that toned look, go for isolation exercises.

    Grace Read

    ReplyDelete